A must read no matter how big or small you are

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Standard Day

The panic of the day started last night.

I was at home alone, about to go to the barn... and I realized my early morning appointment need preparations I had yet to do.

We have all been there!  When you forget to pick up something, deliver something, or just make sure all your ducks are in a row...

I had gotten it all ready, hooked up the trailer, plugged everything in, chains, tongue, locks, vents... I just forgot the one thing that keeps my horses from killing each other... (with shoes on all four... this could cause me some major vet bills. ) My trusty Divider... padded and perfect for my two kids...   (wish my parents had purchased dividers for us three kids ha ha ha... )

So here I am all 140lbs of me!  While I can throw or stack hay bails, muck stalls and haul water pushing well over 500lbs with my legs... I can NOT get the divider INTO my trailer alone.  What's the big deal?  Well... the big deal is my darling husband is NOT a morning person, is NOT a physical person, and would rather have a root canal than be cold.

Having said that I waited... anxiously ... nervously ... pacing time till his return.  I was done! It was 6:30 and could feel the down turn in my body.  Not a big deal you say!   Well for a woman who rarely gets a good nights sleep, it's a VERY big deal.  I took my shower, waited, got my tea... and he arrived home.

It was either We both had to change clothes, hold flash lights, and work in the dark, I would have to take yet another shower... or he could get up in the morning and help me AFTER I got everything else all set up and ready for him.

WE choose the latter!

So I got up by 5:30  (only 27 degrees) ... as normal, started the water for my coffee, ran out side to plug up my old truck and dag nab it... the extension cord would not reach... no big deal, there is one behind the seat, NOPE... ok... where else would I have put it?   I looked in the catch all basket, I looked in the horse area, finally I went out side and looked in the shed.  Actually I stood there! looking in all the boxes, buckets, under blankets for sale, and everything I need to find a permanent home for...   I was just about to give up... and there it was in plain sight! hanging on the wall with all my critical tools of the trade.

I got the truck plugged up!

The water was beyond boiling... it was half way gone!  But just enough water after grinding my beans and waiting the plunge for so I may have the nectar of the Gods..  I knew even being a morning person I was not about to start putting all the pieces of the puzzle together unless I had at least one cup of coffee.

Finally... oh yes... as the steam warms my face! 

I got down half a cup and started to organize the rest of my task.
Ok... got in the center bar, got in the grate divider, chest bar... I'm stuck... too early to get him up...
OK... so check the truck.
by this time it had been plugged up 30 minutes, I was hoping this was enough.  I tried to start the truck and by george... it's not the glow plugs...it's the battery!   So while my truck is plugged up to my house by two extension cords... I also had to position the car so it could charge one of the batteries. 
Got the batter cables... attached my tiny car to the larger truck... and just laughed.

What people don't realize is my tiny car... has a starting battery the size of that in a motorcycle ... so basicly I'm using my car to "trickle charge" my truck... Oh you have to laugh!   HOW long is this going to take?

I go back in finish my coffee, pour myself another, prep one for the trip... relax and hope it starts in another 30 minutes.

Just in time... I eased up the bedroom and wispered /under a laugh... I needed your help! (only 29 degrees) and hoped not to have any more words... In all the spirit of the season... he was sweet, helpful and I was even laughing after we were done.

As he was getting clothes on I slipped outside... started tried to start the truck... PERFECT!  so I let it run the rest of the time!

On to the barn to complete my task!  as the day had just began.... On to the VET... yeah... standard trip, standard bill, standard full day.... You do not want to know the rest.. BUT I got a LOT of things marked off my to do list today!  One trip through town with the horses in tow... What the heck! What is life without its adventures?   Then back to the barn, on to work... and a day full of other adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment