A must read no matter how big or small you are

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February

Can you believe we are in February and it's nearly 60 degrees outside, we are not even expected to go into freezing this week at night.

I saw my first FULL BLOOM Buttercup Sunday... yep still in January!   This is fearful to me, I want so badly to shave my horses so they can be comfortable but as soon as I do, we are likely get another below zero day and I'll be in trouble / or worried about them all night.

I have a new tree to plant! An Orange Witch Hazel I have been wanting for years!   I will soon have assistance clearing a section above the barn so I can see it when I am with the horses; but not have it within their reach.  Witch Hazel ... while not productive as food, it has a skin soothing property after boiling the bark.  One more thing I can mark off my list for Jerry and I to be 1/2 way ok on our own once we move to the estate.   Next tree is the willow straight and weeping! all a must for allowing Sweet Pea to self medicate and allow Jerry and I willow tea for aliments!  

New bamboo shoots have emerged...
Flowers are showing their stems; thankfully mine are not in bloom yet.
My winter Jasmine has been in bloom ALL winter, I am worried about it... as I have never seen one in bloom for over a month, then going to full leaf... this poor thing just keeps blooming!

Plans for making a new fence around the barn yard, and down the middle of the pasture have been put into effect...
So hopefully Navarre will not be escaping at all hours of the day and night.  I am hoping to have new 2x6 fencing up by "real" spring so he will not get out, tie up, founder, and die on me.  This is my worst fear at the moment!   His safety is the weight on my shoulders.

No matter how much I cut his feed back he has to have hay... and my hay rations for the year are getting low.  New Hay will not be in season till May... this is another worry! as I have never allowed myself to get so low, but I was planning on being on the road for most of the winter and didn't want to OVER load my storage barn, although I shall never cut it this close again, not matter trip or no trip!

OH well with 50% rain expected for the day... I shall put on the rain coat and go pound in some T post so I can expand the kids running range within the woods this year.  No grass grows in our thick wooded areas so this will merely allow Navarre to pick a tree to shew and kill ? Winter firewood! oh well.  What else are we to do but try to make our kids happier!

My love to the world.
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment