A must read no matter how big or small you are

Search This Blog

Friday, March 20, 2009

Perimeter Fencing



This is one of the most glorious things I have ever done. Having the fencing put up around the perimeter has made a world of difference in my mind. I somehow feel like I am on my way instead of just playing in the dirt.

Why I choose this type of fencing... I choose the RAM fencing for several reasons.

  • 1. It allowed my post to be at wider spaces... this was very important as with all the boulders around my land it was impossible to get all the post at the exact same 6 foot mark for a wood fence.
  • 2.This fence is suppose to have UV protection, so I choose the darker color to stay more in with the "natural" setting I wanted for my estate. So I LOVE that it is Brown and not snow WHITE.
  • 3. I do not have to replace boards all the time as the horses rub their butts on it and would have broken wooden boards.
  • 4. I do not have to re-paint it every other year spending much of my own time or money on esthetics.
  • 5. This fence is suppose to be stronger than a standard pine fence (which is what I would have done) as the rails are 5 inches wide but also have 3 cables running through them to keep them nice and strong.

From this picture you can more easily see the west wall, as well as the entry wall I had made reference too in my last post. My little red car is over there to give you an idea of space etc...

I am so excited.... I have to let you all know. In the mean time I have had a crew tearing down a barn in order to use the barn wood and make my barn look as if it fits better into its surroundings, not to mention it will save me some money with my building expenses.

We all have to do what we can, the lady that owned the place needed help cleaning it up and I need the wood from the structure. Not to mention with the cost of metal... all the scrap collected just paid for all my garden supplies for the year, gave me plenty of wood, gave me plenty of good metal roofing to protect my west wall or put on my barn. There were too many positives to mention in this one little post. But if you haven't noticed your surroundings this is the time you should!

No comments:

Post a Comment