A must read no matter how big or small you are

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Animals, Jacapo...

Ok... so my mornings normally start with the horses and the cat now.
I feed the cat first thing, allowing him to eat in peace as I  feed the horses and them I come back and love on him.

Well this morning, no cat!
I yelled and yelled... I searched the ditches, I walked through the woods and finally I started to drive up and down the road.

This cat cries all the time, why I could I not hear him anywhere!
My fear got worse and worse; as time seemed to weigh more and more, I felt as I was moving faster and faster trying to find this cat.  He is the same color as the dirt/clay around here, what if a dog got him? What if something happened to him? OH no... I hate to think of him as hurt not able to cry for once.

JACAPO... I yelled and yelled again.
KittyKITTYkitty I yelled and yelled again... finally a faint cry ...
I got out of the truck, and followed this sound up the hill, through the woods, over to a neighbors house.
a cry.. YES that is Jacapo...
Are you behind the wood pile? NO
Are you on the deck? I looked but then it sounded like he was under the deck, I looked
I yelled again. I looked everywhere!


I stopped and backed up ... and heard a really good cry!
Jacapo.... CRYcryCRY....

OH MY %*&^(&*^)*(&)
HE was in the chimney! peaking out with only his sweet little head CRYING... directly at me!

OH CRAP! How can I get him OUT of the CHIMNEY!  ( they heat their house with fire by the way)
These neighbors had already left for work!
They for some reason had their dogs inside!
I walked up on their deck hoping to find something to stand on, I noticed the railing of the deck and a small gate to close off the deck.  I climbed the railing, asked the cat to come... and as miracles can happen; he did! He walked right over to me so I could grab him.

He smelled of smoke, my sweater was soiled by soot, but he his fine dirty but fine! 
Oh dear I do hope this is not going to be a regular thing!  
Oh how I hope he will not do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment