A must read no matter how big or small you are

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

thought provoked by my sister.

While her post was about travels and religion, it provoked my thoughts about Navarre. my incredible sister blog... take a read! She is an incredible woman

Here I dreamed for such a long time.
Planned for just as long.
Spent more money than two new NICE cars.
and I hit a brick wall!

My dream/ relationship all twisted as this horse continues to be sickly, the one genetic issue I had no knowledge of. Yes we are working on a perfect daily schedule for him, and yes we hope to settle him into a perfect world once again. But I worry about him daily, and my heart aches if he doesn't rush out to meet me for feeding time.

My life had been simple, I worked at home, I played at home, and spent all my extra time at the barn on or with my horses. (Thanks to my loving husband)   I now have three jobs instead of one,  just so I can pay his vet bills.

His supplements are not cheap.
His needs are not simple. Time consuming and lots of physical demands on me.

But the absolute pure joy I get when I get to ride him is UNREAL!  It takes me back to being a little girl sitting on my tiny pony and thinking I was on top of the world.  He is a comfortable mount, he has a delight of a personality, and the wind through his mane is like flying through a cloud.

I joked with my Aunt the other day... My grandfather ( PawPaw) would have put this animal down a year or more ago.  So while I am very much like him, I am rather different in some ways as well.   And other horse friends have asked me if he is worth it!

He is ... he is a life I brought into this world and I am responsible for all his care and happiness.  he is worth it!

The journey will just be one a little different than the dream! Slower, a little more aggravating at times, but the journey I was meant to have all the same.

much love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment