A must read no matter how big or small you are

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2009

more work, more seeds.

The last few days have been strange; many things to do but the weather is strange as well. While it didn’t rain the clay was as I predicted... hard as a rock due to all the rain we got the last week or so.
I am about to go plant these things in this picture above. Okra ... two types. One normal green and a rare red. The red is a harder type to grow and is best as a boiled okra, which I love. Why is the red better you ask? Well simply because when boiled it doesn’t burst and get slimy which is what most people hate. While the normal green is perfect for frying etc...
The phlox is just for my pleasure. But the mint is for colds this winter. These two are in sand bags in the fridge for the next 7 to 14 days. All the soaking and fridge work is so the seeds more easily propagate when I do put them in the ground.
I am also planting more carrots today along with MORE poppies for next year. I just love these things so much I want to try as many as I can.
Life is good, hope EVERYONE is having a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment