A must read no matter how big or small you are

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Engagements, Rings, Marriage?

I rarely enter my husbands electronic world, but tonight on our short drive together we were discussing a post on one of his hang outs.

While my outside opinion is not asked for specifically I feel compelled to put in my two cents worth.

Described to me...
was a post that stated someone (no he didn't give me names) posted... he had just asked his girlfriend to marry him.  ? no answer to the question was given to me!  What was told to me was... she ? whom ever she is ... said the diamond was too small.

I gasped as Jerry said this.
I was also told, most of the guys on the site said... simply... dump her! etc... If the ring isn't enough what other things aren't going to be good enough over time.

I have a little different approach to the situation, and a doubt many women will be on my side after reading this one.

1. She is a real B...... or she has especially large B...s; not on her side on this one.

2. There are MANY issues with this situation.

     a. He whom ever he is... doesn't have enough confidence in himself to tell her where to go OR not sure of his situation. If a man just reached out his hand this was like a slap in the face.
     b.  He didn't know her well enough to know what she wanted... a $30,000.00 top notch diamond that looks small or a 5,000 dollar piece of crap that is big, more to impress her girlfriends than a sparkle in her heart.
     c.  She doesn't know him well enough to know if he got her anything it would be high quality, or the best he could get at the time.  

3.  These two are not off to a good start, when did a ring start to signify everything and become more than a PRESENT of Faith towards marriage?

I am not sure what is going on is society today, I know a present of faith is just that.

Case in point, I have NEVER liked diamonds, my first mistake purchased me a marquee cut diamond to the best of his ability at the time.  Did I tell him I hated diamonds?   NO ... I accepted it with grace.

Jerry purchased me my one carat ruby... what I really wanted... and by the way can be way... more expensive than a diamond.  So while some in SOCIETY look down on (my beautiful) ruby, he knew me well enough to know I didn't like the normal.  This guy who ever you are should have know your girl well enough to know what she 1/2 way expected.  If you got a reaction you were not ready for... you better take it at face value because nothing is going to change!   That is who she is... The core of who she is ... is done! If you choose her! You asked for what ever you get.

This is how a bad marriage can start!
These two are not on the same page... and thinking of marriage... good luck!







No comments:

Post a Comment